Sunday, March 3, 2013

UFO Challenge



UFO_zpsb95970bb

Welcome to the 2013 UFO Challenge 2013! 

Judy Laquidara over at Patchwork Times gave me permission to continue her UFO Challenge on my blog, Peachy Pages!  I loved the challenge so much last year that I couldn't bear to see it end!


There are 12 months in a year, and if we finish up just one UFO a month, that's 12 projects done in 2013! 

So...I thought that if you are interested, I would let you in on the challenge.  

Here's how it works: 

  1. Begin by pulling out 12 UFOs you would like to complete in 2013* and making a list of them (any projects - quilty, crafty, etc). 
  2. Number your list 1-12 (yes, you must) and post it in a prominent place in your sewing room.
  3. At the beginning of each month (or maybe the last day of the previous month if I can remember), I'll randomly select a number and post it here on the blog.
  4. Now for the challenge part, you will try to finish up the project that corresponds to the number drawn for the month (you'll have 30 days to complete this task - try not to make it a UFO for next year, too). 
  5. When your project is finished, update us on your progress by posting in the comments section so we can congratulate each other! 
*Advice from Judy Laquidara at Patchwork Times: "Don’t make an unreasonable list! If you decided yesterday to make a Dear Jane quilt, don’t make “Finishing the Dear Jane Quilt” one of your projects! This is supposed to be fun and rewarding. Add projects to your list that you realistically can complete in a month. Back to that Dear Jane Quilt . . maybe say you want to finish 4 blocks each month. It doesn’t have to be a completed project . . just have 12 monthly goals."

I participated in the 2012 UFO challenge that was hosted at Patchwork Times last year and managed to complete 8 out of 12 projects...not bad. I'm happy with that! I didn't have 12 quilty projects, so I added in a couple of scrapbook items as well. It's your challenge, make it what you want!
Since we're beginning a bit late here (only because our blog is brand spanky new), I'll list the numbers of projects that have already been drawn.  You can use these as filler projects if you finish other things early (or you can just skip these numbers all together this year and shoot for an even 10 projects to complete).

  • January #10
  • February #5
Good luck!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment just to let us know you've stopped by!